Saturday 8 October 2011

Flaws and All

When I started this blog I should have included in my sidebar a proviso that, for comedy value, I have deliberately masked about 95% of my flaws in order to portray my Poor Unsuspecting Dates in the most unfortunate light possible.

That proviso aside, I'm not taking all the blame for unsuccessful dates upon myself although I can accept some, being peculiar and unused to the Dating Malarkey as I am was. Because my word I tried my hardest to spark with Mr Shorts in Winter aka ODNU. And as for KIB no human being is at their best after a twelve-hour day and a blatant display of follicle-fetishism.

But yes, it's safe to say that I'm no Meg Ryan-in-any-rom-com-she's-ever-been in. I'm not cute and sparky, I'm just quirky. And flawed. And I accept that.

Yes, I acknowledge and bewail my manifold quirks and weirdnesses.

Here be they:
  • I'm picky.
  • I can be judgmental.
  • I'm pedantic about spelling, grammar, punctuation and punctuality. And the misuse of the word "myriad".
  • I have fluctuating levels of tolerance especially of people who have no handle on the above.
  • I cringe at the use of the word "foods" (plural) as in "I like all sorts of foods" – arrrgh. I don't even care if it's grammatically correct versus "food" plural, and that's saying something.
  • I'm not fond of "movies" for "films" either. We're British. It's a film.
  • I'm grumpy as feck when I'm tired or hungry. Or tired and hungry.
  • I'm stubborn as. 
via here
  • I have my whiny moments.
  • I have my drama-queen moments.
  • I can be insecure about my mediocre intelligence to the point whereby I can't be patronised … but I also can't Miss Out and need to be Kept in the Loop.
  • I obsess about odd things, about which most sane folk wouldn't have any interest. Aussie serials. Actors in Aussie serials. Bad 80s dance films. 80s rock and 80s rockers. Camels.
Yes, camels. via here
  • I have my moments of immaturity.
  • I also have my moments of old-lady-dom.
  • I play The Sims on Facebook or chain-Sudoku in my spare time.
  • And I'm not a great hugger. In fact I'm a pretty appalling hugger. I suspect shoulders have been bruised in the process of my attempts.
BUT!

BUT!

I'm also arty, daft, quirky, medium-maintenance, and capable of love.

And if someone transpires to be my Lobster, two things will happen:

1. They'll love me for all those flaws above
and
2. I'll love them, flaws and all.

I've been told that's how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your mark (but keep it clean)!